Elon Musk is a Great Leader because
1. Master of Some and Jack of All .
2. He will have information in whichever field you ask him.
3. He is a Revolutionary Thinker.
4. Focuses more on Creative way to Solve Problems.
5. More than Anything he cares about HUMAN RACE.
6. Focuses more on How to make life Better than how to build a company to make money.
7. Solar power generation and Telsa( Battery and Motor is not comparable to anything other than that). Boring Company and many other.
8. He is hands down Clever than Mark Zukerberg and more Creative than him.But he never focussed on making money from Same Tech.
9. Audi and BMW are focusing more on building products like Telsa cars.
10. Making Life Better for Others is his Goal.
Reasons He would not become President in 2020.
1. He is not American Born.
2. Even if change in law permits him to contest he would prefer to focus on Building his companies that running a campaign in 2020.
Musk was born in South Africa, he can't run which really sucks as he could've evolved the country.
"No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; "
I don't think so. I am fan of him, still i don't think he would be a perfect person for US president. Elon Musk is a rebel. He cannot be bound to a system which has not changed much in centuries. Elon does what he does because he has a free hand. Politics is much more complex. It is stagnant and house which rebels against change. There is a difference between politics and space industry.
Elon Musk is an inspiration for many young techies around the world, he works for more than 80 hours a week. He is a great leader who drives others to work hard. It would be blessing for USA if they could make him president.
And also he is born in South Africa which makes him ineligible to contest for President. He wishes to stand for president, first he needs to influence change in law. If TRUMP can be president then why not MUSK.
Popularity can win him presidency but it doesn't mean he should. He is not a politician or lawyer so his expertise in the scientific field may not always convert to effectiveness in running a country.
He is also not a US citizen by birth so the most accurate answer to this question is 'he can't'.
If congress were able to get the "Natural Born Citizen" requirement removed, he would likely have a has good or better chance than anyone else.
I think he can make a greater contribution to humanity by maintaining his freedom of choice, which is difficult in a position like that of president.
But who knows, he is such a revolutionary!
P.S. BTW Wasn't him from South Africa?
I'm not from USA, but I think in general that people who are not politicians have no place in the politics. Of course, a person can expect that people will vote for him because he/she is some sort of celebrity, but I think that it's generally a bad idea for a non politician to become a president. Therefore, I don't think that Elon Musk should run for US president.
Depending on eligibility, he can
Well Unfortunately i dont think he would be able to fulfill the responsibilities now.
I believe he is fully dedicated to trying to get humans into the multi planetary civilization status, (well at least to have a small back up population on mars asap).
I think he could possibly be a good president, in about 20 years, when he slows down a bit.
He has a different way of problem solving, that is refreshing, he just goes for it 100%, even if it means tearing down an idea and starting from scratch.
He needs to finish his current projects first, so like i said, in 20 years yes!