- I have been suffering from depression for the last 15 years. I deal with depression by these ways-
- I meditate every morning.
- I try to motivate people to work hard and get rid of depression. It really helps them and myself to get rid of my depression.
- I love to give emotional support to my friends. I love to help them to get rid of my depression.
- I don't compare my life with other people's life.
- I spend time with my friends who are very supportive and amazing.
- I spend less time online.
- I have deactivated all of my social media accounts.
- I don't have any expectation from anyone. I think that I don't have the right to get anything, whatever I get from life, that is bonus for me.
- I avoid stressful relationship.
- I love to write diary. Whenever I feel depressed,I write positive things in my diary.
- I watch different types of depression related videos in YouTube regularly.
- I run every morning when most of the people are sleeping. I feel better after running 1 km per day.
- I do physical exercise.
- I pray to God everyday from the core of my heart.
- I spend quality time with my parents.
- I try to keep myself busy with different types of activities.
- I don't think about those activities which is out of my control. I only try to improve those activities which is in my control.
- I read lots of self help books, fiction and non-fiction novels. So, these help me to get rid of depression.
- I don't chase money. I try to find happiness from small things.
- I love my parents. I try to give them gifts on different occasions. Their happiness touches my heart.
- Whenever I get depressed I spend time with children. Their smile and curiosity makes me happy.
- I am average guy doing a simple job. I keep myself busy to maintain my assigned responsibilities properly.
- I travel to beautiful places in my country. I feel the power of nature and it helps me to get rid of depression.
- I watch comedy movies every day and laugh out loudly. Sometimes my mother think that her son is going crazy.
- I believe that the world is perishable and whoever comes to this world surely has to go one day. So, I try to leave worries, stop depressing and feel happy.
- I do my work without worrying about its output. When we think about output, our performance may hamper and we will be disheartened and depressed. I just focus on the action, not the output.
- I always try to keep busy myself learning new things. Now I am trying to improve my spoken English. I practice in front of mirror, practice English with strangers and friends. People laugh at my English fluency, but I don't care. I just want to improve it.
- When I am severely depressed, I write online articles and Quora answers about my situation. I feel motivated to get support from Quorans.
- Now I don't worry about my physical appearance, height and limitations. I have accepted myself. I hate loneliness thus I keep myself busy and don't sit idly to get rid of depression. Thus, depression doesn't reach me. If it reaches, somehow, I know how to combat it.
There are few ways to come out from depression: Follow as many as you can for faster recovery....
- Meditation and mindfulness
This might sound annoyingly simple. But new clinical applications of mindfulness-based cognitive therapies (MBCT) for depressed patients are showing really promising results.
The science is young, but mindfulness and meditation studies are showing promising results alleviating symptoms like pain, stress, anxiety, depression, and disordered eating.
- Get outside more
Getting out into nature, specifically under some big trees rapidly lowers stress hormone levels, blood pressure, pulse rate and heart rate variability compared with exposure to a city environment.
Sunlight also helps you relax and destress through the release of endorphins.These hormones can also help reduce pain, support hormone regulation, and even inhibit cancer growth.
exercise reduces stress and improves depressive symptoms. Running and lifting can also help alleviate anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Possibly the most effective way to keep depression at bay is to decrease inflammation and support your nutrient levels with a nutrient-dense diet.
Do not always imagine the worst outcomes.
A good beginning for fighting depression is not making a tragedy for every episode of your life. If you are in a difficult economic situation, or if you recently lost your job, do not think that you will be homeless soon; instead, consider that you will find another job, that from time to time your economic situation will improve. Focusing on the worst imaginable outcome is even bad for your health.
Do not obsessively think about something.
If you have had a bad experience, as a discussion with someone, a friend or a colleague, do not think deeply about it. This is the so-called rumination. Rumination will be an obstacle to your fighting depression process. If you act in this way, you will only get your mental health worse. Rumination leads to increase stress, anger, envy or anxiety regarding the situation you are focusing on. The clue key is to substitute rumination with reflection.When you find yourself ruminating, try to distract and readdress your thoughts, to practice meditation, read a book, or simply do physical exercises.
Stay in the present, do not predict impossible situations for the future.
Some people, while depressed, tend to be sure to believe that they can predict the future, what will happen in a day, in a week or a year. Of course, they tend also to blow those predictions as worse as possible. Live in the present, enjoy what you have today. Enjoying your “today” will help you to have a better “tomorrow”. Do not waste time predicting impossible things and keep concentrated on this exercise for fighting depression.
Do not always think things like “If only..”.
Do not inhabit in the past, but live the present. Just accept that you have made the best decision you could make with information and instruments you had at that time. Ruminating the past will only lead you to have anxiety and to reflect those worry feelings into your future.
Do not isolate yourself.
Relate with other people, do not let your friends go just because you are too anxious to get out from your house. Be always available to people who are requesting you for having a walk in the park or whatever things you could do out of your house. An excellent approach to fighting depression is to get always out with others. This will lift your spirit. Another suggestion is to enjoy social network to get support and receive (or even give) advice.
Maintain a daily routine.
Usually depressed people tend to eat or sleep with irregularity. Try to have a daily routine for your breakfast, wake up early in the morning and do some meditation practices and physical activities, do lunch and dinner at the same time every day and go to bed early. This will give you a sense of regularity, which is helpful for your mood.
Do not have irrational thoughts.
Thinking always extreme situations or things will only let you live in a negative mood. This negative attitude will keep you away from your healing process of fighting depression. Instead of thinking in extremes, act to get your situation better. Instead of thinking “I am not able to do anything”, think “I’m able to do some things”. Then put all of your love in your interests and your passions.
Ground your negative thoughts with reality.
When a negative thought comes into your mind, ask yourself: “Where is the evidence in this world that no one loves me? Where is the objective thing that makes me understand that I suck at everything?”. There is no such proof of your negative thought in this world. You are a human, you have to experience and learn, love, and enjoy your interests. You have to be happy, not to let your negative thoughts win. If you are worried about what a person thinks of you, go there and ask them!
Set SMART goals.
Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-based goals. If you want to achieve a job in two weeks, setting as a goal the recruitment itself could be a little bit impossible. However, setting as a goal that you have to send up to 4-5 resumes and CVs in two weeks, well, that is surely a SMARTgoal. Having SMART goals will let you obtain rewards. Also, getting rewards is, 95% of the times, the best incentive for you to keep going on fighting depression.
Rediscover your interests.
Try to put on a paper, on notes, what you enjoyed doing in your life before bad feelings have come. Then, attempt to apply yourself to doing those things. Play the guitar, have cooking course, play basketball. Whatever thing you enjoy in the past. This will help you to recover your interests and your enthusiasm about them. You will notice your thoughts change in better ways.
Do not choke depression.
Let it go. One of the best hints for fighting depression is to face the situation in a proper way. Instead, learn to manage better your bad feelings doing the above steps. This will help you at the subconscious level to restore your energies and then improve your positive thoughts. Knowing and accepting that you are depressed can actually help you to heal and take steps to make your condition better.
Look at the way you speak, look at the way you think and see the way you listen to others. Then, learn from time to time to love these aspects of yours. We are often kind to everyone but never with ourselves.
Make lifestyle changes.
There is a lot you can do about improving your habits and your conditions: eat healthy foods, many fruits, and vegetable; avoid alcohol and drugs, and avoid to go too late to sleep. I can understand that sometimes one prefers to go to bed at 3 or 4 in the morning, but you have to be strong and stabilize your cycles of sleeping. Do physical activity and meditation, which are the well-known method to reduce the symptoms of depression to feel better.
If you are taking so many projects, at work, or need to attend so many tasks during the day, ask for someone to help you. Reduce or try to well-organize your duties. Even doing a to do list. Learning how to manage stressful situations is just a good beginning.
Be opened to new ideas and suggestions.
Even if some ideas could seem strange, try to exercises and do every step that people and psychologists suggest to you. Give new approaches a try.
Never, never, never give up.
The best suggestion I’d give you for fighting depression will always be this: You may feel hopeless and without ways to get better, but do not give up, it is just a symptom of depression itself. Time will yield you the happiness and the same enthusiasm you got in the past while practicing your hobby and enjoying your time with your friends, your family, and your partner.
That is all.
I strongly suggest you to try the above steps and then let me know in the comments how your habits and your behaviours are going. This kind of therapy, just by practicing CBT, will help you a lot in recover your positive thoughts.
Taking a long walk in the woods is the best thing for me usually, also good music can help lift your mood.
It definitely does not help to stay inside and be inactive.
Meditation would be another option, at least deep breathing.
Do these things first
Don't Compare Your Life With Others, be happy with what you have.
Come Out of All Social Media and Deactivate them because it's just people Faking their Life.
Music and Gym 💪 and Long Walks in Fresh Weather.
First of all, have to find a cause of depression.
Then have think for that cause why it's making you depressed, ask your heart it will always give right direction, but just matter of commitment to your own soul by heart in presence of realization.
I've never dealt with depression personally but have had some family members battle with it and they like to try and occupy themselves with things to keep their minds busy when it gets really tough and talking with people about it seems to help a lot.
everything is easier said than done... don't do these, these, these, these things
don't think like this, this or this and all will be better and gung ho in no time!!!
the first step is to decide and the second is to follow up on that decision..
HOW? simply answer one question to yourself, do you want to get out of depression,
think, analyse, re-think and think up all the things you can to see what your answer
really is... if it's a "yes" then make sure you tell yourself enough times, again and again
that you have decided to get out of depression and always keep in mind that solid reason or
reasons as to why you want to get out of depression.. the rest you'll automatically figure
out once you have REALLY DECIDED...!!! just TRUST your own decision power and give it as
much time as required.. there's no hurry!!!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Dealing with depression requires action, but taking action when you’re depressed can be hard. Sometimes, just thinking about the things you should do to feel better, like exercising or spending time with friends, can seem exhausting or impossible to put into action.
It’s the Catch-22 of depression recovery: The things that help the most are the things that are the most difficult to do. There is a big difference, however, between something that’s difficult and something that’s impossible. You may not have much energy, but by drawing on all your reserves, you should have enough to take a walk around the block or pick up the phone to call a loved one.
Taking the first step is always the hardest. But going for a walk or getting up and dancing to your favorite music, for example, is something you can do right now. And it can substantially boost your mood and energy for several hours—long enough to put a second recovery step into action, such as preparing a mood-boosting meal or arranging to meet an old friend. By taking the following small but positive steps day by day, you’ll soon soon lift the heavy fog of depression and find yourself feeling happier, healthier, and more hopeful again.
Spend some time in nature
List what you like about yourself
Read a good book
Watch a funny movie or TV show
Take a long, hot bath
Take care of a few small tasks
Play with a pet
Talk to friends or family face-to-face
Listen to music
Do something spontaneous