My favourite movie is the dark knight.
Following are some of the aspects that make it 'the movie':
- No dull moments. Its full of surprises and twists (Best: Joker planning to get caught)
- Many dialogues in the movie have deeper meaning. (Madness is like gravity, You either die a hero, etc)
- A superhero without superpower, gives you hope and happiness :)
- Sci/Tech-fi inclination of the movie
- Last but not the least: Each character is so unique, well built yet so imperfect and unpredictable
1 - 12 Angry men
12 Angry Men is a 1957 American courtroom drama film directed by Sidney Lumet, adapted from a teleplay of the same name by Reginald Rose
2 - The Man from Earth
College professors discuss many topics with a colleague who claims to be thousands of years old.
3 - The Pursuit of Happyness
Chris Gardner takes up an unpaid internship in a brokerage firm after he loses his life's earnings selling a product he invested in. His wife leaves him and he is left with the custody of his son.
(Bonus) - Harry Potter (Whole series) (I am a big potterhead)
Harry Potter, an eleven-year-old orphan, discovers that he is a wizard and is invited to study at Hogwarts. Even as he escapes a dreary life and enters a world of magic, he finds trouble awaiting him.
I'm a a big fan of Christopher Nolan and I really like all of his films, from Memento to Inception to The Prestige.
I'm a big fan of Physics too, so the choice is obvious.
Life is beautiful without any doubt. Some people might consider
Hands down, Back to the Future.
It's the exact perfect combination between action, adventure, comedy, romance, and sci-fi.
It's one of the tightest screenplays ever crafted. There isn't an ounce of fat on it. Every single thing is set up perfectly. Every single performance is wonderful and memorable.
It's just a perfect movie.
The following 2 movies stand out for me.
Caution - Both the suggested movies have less than 8/10 IMDB ranking, but they are a must watch.
1. The Man from Earth (2007) - It is a long group discussion with so many twists & turns and in-numerous climaxes that even being a very slow movie, it captures your attention every minute. It was not a hit when it released in theatres but slowly encompassed the imagination of the public .
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - A no-brainer awesome comedy movie! Just watch it! :)
Life is beautiful... Wonderfully depicted how a positive thought process and love towards others will keep you moving even in very adverse situation.
Lord of the Rings and Series
Bahubali Series for it's awesome Action
KGF - Kolar Gold Fields ( Awesome visuals and Nice Dialogue too)
Pursuit of Happiness
Leonardo De caprios Films
This is not order of ranking of Film but Few Notable Films which I watch again and Again.
I Like Superman Vs Batman too but it's far from Facts and actions are all graphic contents.
The Matrix, for many reasons.
I saw it in cinemas when it came out, at a time that the INternet was not so full of spoilers, and I did not look for info about the movie. I went with my dad, that is a warm memory because I did not have many friends at that time, so it was really cool to go with him. I remeber seeing the twist after NEO takes a red pill and my jaws falling off. The music, the effects, the ending, the hallway battle scene... Everything is so terrific in that move.. I wish I could see it again with no knowledge about it, but I am happy with seeing it again from time to time. :)
- John Wick — pure action bliss.
- The Bourne Trilog y (the first three) — pure action bliss.
- The Equalizer — nearly pure action bliss.
- Haywire — great action.
- Ocean’s 11 — best dialogue.
- Michael Clayton — slow, lumbering but utterly engrossing.
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1 — one of the greatest scifi-action movies.
- Aliens — outstanding monster action.
- Pandorum — my guilty pleasure.