Explore the Markets in Istanbul! There’s no better way to soak up the atmosphere of a city than at the local market. From the aromas and flavours of fresh food to the fabrics and questionable souvenirs of arts and crafts stands, markets are a great source of entertainment and an insight into local lives. You should visist the Grand Bazaar.
Try this instead...
If one were to visit Delhi... i would surely recommend them the Delhi Zoo. .. it would feel as if that's a different world altogether...!!!
the rest of the monuments etc are the usual places but for shopping do check out Lajpat Nagar -2 Central Market and Connaught Place.. and get into the malls in Vasant Kunj in Delhi and NCR area DLF mall in Noida and the Mall road in Gurgaon...
in Delhi it's better to be indoors rather than outdoor...
City : Rewari
(Pic Credits : @_wheedling_shots_ )
The Rewari Railway Heritage Museum (formerly the Rewari Steam Locomotive Shed ) is a c.1893 railway museum in Delhi NCR at Rewari city in Haryana, India. Built in 1893, it is the only surviving steam locomotive shed in India, and houses some of India's last surviving steam locomotives as well as the world's oldest still-functional 1855-built steam locomotive the Fairy Queen. It is located 400 m (1,300 ft) north of the entrance of the Rewari railway station, 50 km (31 mi) from Gurgaonand 79 km (49 mi) from the National Rail Museum at Chanakyapuri in New Delhi.
The shed and compound has 11 (of 16 functional in India) of the world's oldest steam locomotives, restored and still functional, including the following:
- Baldwin AWE , built by the American company Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1945
- Akbar WP1761 , named after the Mughal Emperor, Akbar, built in 1963 at Chittranjan Locomotive Works was inducted into active service in 1965. It has 4-6-2 wheel arrangement, 5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) gauge and 110 km/h (68 mph) maximum speed now-restricted to 45 km/h (28 mph) The locomotive was based at Saharanpur railway shed after being retired from active service and it has been restored and housed at Rewari shed. It is now used to power the 150UP Delhi Cantt – Alwar Steam Express heritage train.
- Shahanshah WP/P , is one of the original bullet-nosed American Baldwin prototype number 7200 Shahanshah, which was at the Charbagh workshops in Lucknow division. It was restored for use in steam specials by the Northern Railway. It has also run several steam specials, including one between Royapuram and Tambaramon 26 January 2009, to commemorate the 153rd anniversary of Royapuram railway station (built 1856), the oldest railway station in India. It ran the Steam Express on 14 January 2012. The engine is considered a lucky mascot for the film shoots and is rented out at INR4 lakhs (INR400,000 or US$6,150) a day.
Visiti Museums and Galleries! We’re lucky in London’s that most of the top museums and galleries, such as the
Natural History Museum and the Tate Modern, are completely free to visit. Unfortunately it isn’t the same for museums in all of the world’s major cities. However, every city will have
Visit Churches and Cathedrals in Paris!
My city is Kolkata
If any tourist visits my city, he should visit
- Victoria Memorial
- Fort William
- Howrah Bridge- one of the oldest suspension bridge in India
- Birla Planetarium
- Indian Museum
- Science City
- St Paul's cathedral
- Eden Gardens- one of the oldest stadium in India
- Botanical Garden- It has the biggest tree in the world
Osun Oshogbo festival in Nigeria. I love this, I have gone and witness it. People from across the world also come especially the Osun water, whatever you seek from this river come to past. Though it's not an ordinary river. You can google it to learn more .
If people visit Maran town in Malaysia, I would suggest them to go fishing with me in Pahang River. There are a lot of shrimps there the size of a one litre bottle. They taste good as well. My place is famous for the shrimps man. 😊
Leave! It's too crowded already, haha.
Normally i'd say go check out the beach, but it's pretty cold right now, so go take a trek up to the mountains and enjoy the snow.